God was so good to us in 2014 here at God Running. The highlight for me personally happened when Kathy and I were able to meet up with a few readers on the other side of the country from where we live in Oregon. (If you’re interested, you can read about that here: Brothers in Christ)
Of course anytime you like you can see what’s trending at the present moment on God Running, simply by looking at the list of titles in the right hand column on the home page. But if you’re interested in which posts were the most popular for 2014, check out the list below. (not in reverse order–for your viewing convenience)
1) Steve Mays’ Life Of Suffering (And how God healed him) Growing up, Steve Mays was a good student and a well behaved son, at least until junior high school. That’s when he was molested, by a teacher. And that event changed his life. After he was sexually abused, Steve raged against any authority figure, including his parents. He struggled with drug addiction. He joined a motorcycle gang. The police were after him for murder.
Then God intervened.
2) The Holy Spirit: How to Know if You Have Him Easily the most popular post of all time on God Running.
If you’ve ever wondered whether or not you’ve received the outpouring of God’s Holy Spirit (in the way Jesus’ disciples did when God used them to save the souls of 3,000 men in one morning) then this is the post that will answer your question.
This was a popular post in 2013 as well. (I think it’s the provocative title.)
4) He touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched If you’ve wrestled with God and come away injured, then read this post and learn what the outcome was for Jacob.
And what the outcome can be for you too.
5) Senna Part 2–Teach us to number our days This is the story of Forumula 1 race car driver Ayrton Senna’s rivalry with Alain Prost. And it also looks at what Ayrton Senna had to say about God. On Sunday, May 1, 1994, the morning of the San Marino Grand Prix, Senna woke up and asked God to talk to him. He opened his Bible to a verse that, according to his sister, said…
6) Joseph’s 5 Steps to Avoid Temptation Joseph’s boss’s wife was hitting on him every chance she got. Here’s how he avoided falling into temptation.
7) The 5th Day of Creation–The Holy Spirit and Bearing Fruit Find out what the findings from the Census of Marine Life have to do with the Holy Spirit, and bearing fruit.
8) Marriage, and Mom and Dad Learn what happens when there’s cleaving without leaving (trying to bond with your spouse without letting go of your parents). Learn the things that happen to women and children after divorce that the media won’t talk about. And yes, there’s a part about sex.
9) Cain and Abel–The Blood Cries Out Is there a person in your life who distresses you? Do you ever wish he or she were gone? “Sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but…”
10) For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it Learn how Abraham used a basic principle of communication when he spoke with God, and how you can too.
[Image via Sam Churchill – Creative Commons]