God was so good to us in 2014 here at God Running. The highlight for me personally happened when Kathy and I were able to meet up with a few readers on the other side of the country from where we live in Oregon. (If you’re interested, you can read about that here: Brothers in Christ)
Of course anytime you like you can see what’s trending at the present moment on God Running, simply by looking at the list of titles in the right hand column on the home page. But if you’re interested in which posts were the most popular for 2014, check out the list below. (not in reverse order–for your viewing convenience)
1) Steve Mays’ Life Of Suffering (And how God healed him) Growing up, Steve Mays was a good student and a well behaved son, at least until junior high school. That’s when he was molested, by a teacher. And that event changed his life. After he was sexually abused, Steve raged against any authority figure, including his parents. He struggled with drug addiction. He joined a motorcycle gang. The police were after him for murder.
Then God intervened.
2) The Holy Spirit: How to Know if You Have Him Easily the most popular post of all time on God Running.
If you’ve ever wondered whether or not you’ve received the outpouring of God’s Holy Spirit (in the way Jesus’ disciples did when God used them to save the souls of 3,000 men in one morning) then this is the post that will answer your question.
3) Both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father–Genesis 19
This was a popular post in 2013 as well. (I think it’s the provocative title.)
4) He touched the socket of Jacob’s hip so that his hip was wrenched If you’ve wrestled with God and come away injured, then read this post and learn what the outcome was for Jacob.
And what the outcome can be for you too.
5) Senna Part 2–Teach us to number our days This is the story of Forumula 1 race car driver Ayrton Senna’s rivalry with Alain Prost. And it also looks at what Ayrton Senna had to say about God. On Sunday, May 1, 1994, the morning of the San Marino Grand Prix, Senna woke up and asked God to talk to him. He opened his Bible to a verse that, according to his sister, said…
6) Joseph’s 5 Steps to Avoid Temptation Joseph’s boss’s wife was hitting on him every chance she got. Here’s how he avoided falling into temptation.
7) The 5th Day of Creation–The Holy Spirit and Bearing Fruit Find out what the findings from the Census of Marine Life have to do with the Holy Spirit, and bearing fruit.
8) Marriage, and Mom and Dad Learn what happens when there’s cleaving without leaving (trying to bond with your spouse without letting go of your parents). Learn the things that happen to women and children after divorce that the media won’t talk about. And yes, there’s a part about sex.
9) Cain and Abel–The Blood Cries Out Is there a person in your life who distresses you? Do you ever wish he or she were gone? “Sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but…”
10) For the sake of ten, I will not destroy it Learn how Abraham used a basic principle of communication when he spoke with God, and how you can too.
[Image via Sam Churchill – Creative Commons]
How blessed I am to have you in my life. Thank you for inspiring me to strive to keep God ever present. Grandma Cindia
Maaahhhm, I told you not to embarrass me on the blog! 🙂
Congratulations on all the success of God Running, Kurt! I’v been privileged to be one of the early subscribers to your blog and it’s wonderful to see how it’s evolved through the years.
As you look at your top 10 list of 2014, do you have any insight as to why some posts resonated with your readers more than others?
The Holy Spirit: How to Know If You Have Him is by far the most popular all time. And I think that’s because so many of us want to be used by God’s Holy Spirit. But there’s really not a lot out there to tell us how we can know if we have received God’s Spirit in the way Jesus’ disciples did in the book of Acts.
Also, what God did in Steve Mays’s life is just amazing. The more I learned about him, the more I wanted to learn about him. It’s just such a great story. And thank you Peter, because I never would have learned about Steve in the way that I did if it weren’t for our friendship and your association with him at CCSB. God used that.
Thank you and God bless you Peter for all your help and support over the years! You’re a huge blessing to the God Running blog and to me personally. I pray our Father will continue to bless you over at Not Ashamed of the Gospel with abundant fruit for His kingdom in 2015.