Now available on Amazon!
Love Like Jesus: How Jesus Loved People (and how you can love like Jesus)
Love Like Jesus begins with the story of how after a life of regular church attendance and Bible study, Bennett was challenged by a pastor to study Jesus. That led to an obsessive seven year deep dive. After pouring over Jesus’ every interaction with another human being, he realized he was doing a much better job of studying Jesus’ words than he was following Jesus’ words and example. The honest and fearless revelations of Bennett’s own moral failures affirm he wrote this book for himself as much as for others.
Love Like Jesus examines a variety of stories, examples, and research, including:
- Specific examples of how Jesus communicated God’s love to others.
- How Jesus demonstrated all five of Gary Chapman’s love languages (and how you can too).
- The story of how Billy Graham extended Christ’s extraordinary love and grace toward a man who misrepresented Jesus to millions.
- How to respond to critics the way Jesus did.
- How to love unlovable people the way Jesus did.
- How to survive a life of loving like Jesus (or how not to become a Christian doormat).
- How Jesus didn’t love everyone the same (and why you shouldn’t either).
- How Jesus guarded his heart by taking care of himself–he even napped–and why you should do the same.
- How Jesus loved his betrayer Judas, even to the very end.
With genuine unfiltered honesty, Love Like Jesus, shows you how to live a life according to God’s definition of success: A life of loving God well, and loving the people around you well too.
A life of loving like Jesus.
Traveler and the Chaplain: A Christian Parable
(If you’re a natural born leader, don’t read this book.)
So you feel like God didn’t give you what you need to be a leader, yet you find yourself in a position to lead.
And things aren’t going well.
This book is about a man named Traveler who’s just a regular guy like you. And he’s struggling. And during his struggle, he encounters a former special forces unit leader turned Chaplain who has some surprising answers to his many questions..
(A word about Traveler’s wife: Although Traveler and the Chaplain is somewhat autobiographical, what Traveler’s wife does in the book is something my wife wouldn’t do in one million years. Kathy is one of the most loyal people I’ve ever met. The book is fiction. And Traveler’s wife Grace is a very different person from my wife Kathy.)
Available on Amazon.com.