In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. (Genesis 2:9)
Carrying his own cross, Jesus went out to the place of the Skull. The place that today we call Calvary. Here they crucified him. (John 19:17,18)
There’s an interesting contrast between the two trees. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the Garden of Eden, and the tree of Calvary on which Jesus died for your sins, and my sins.
- The first tree was planted by God — the tree of Calvary was planted by man.
- The first tree, man was commanded not to eat thereof — the tree of Calvary, Jesus commanded us to eat thereof when He said, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.” (Luke 22:19)
- The first tree, Satan enticed them to eat — the tree of Calvary, Satan will do everything he can to keep you from.
- The first tree brought sin and death — the tree of Calvary brought life and salvation.
- The first tree turned man out of eternity with God — the other tree is the path to eternity with God.
Photo from thecrossweb.com