1) Love Like Jesus series: The most popular posts of 2012 begin with a series. Jesus commanded us to “love one another as I have loved you.” (John 15:12 NKJV) But He never provided instruction as to how we’re to love–or did he? Posts from the new Love Like Jesus series examine every encounter Jesus had with a person or a group, in chronological order. Each interaction is analyzed and a way for you to make application in your own life is provided.
2) Senna Part 2–Teach Us to Number Our Days: One of the most compelling stories I’ve ever heard is that of Formula 1 race car driver Ayrton Senna. I was surprised to find I’m not alone. Senna Part 2–Teach Us to Number Our Days is one of the most popular posts I’ve ever written. We can learn some valuable lessons from his life. If you’re interested in Ayrton Senna, you might also like Senna Part 1–Senna vs. Prost–Esau Ran to Jacob.
3) Sex and Your Future–Trading 45 Minutes for 1,000 Years: I’m writing the biography of a friend of mine named Kent Brown. When he was in his twenties he had this job where he transported Top Secret documents for the FBI. He wore a suit, carried a 45 Colt in a shoulder holster and a 38 Smith and Wesson on his ankle for backup. He said he felt like he was living in a movie. He said his life was like James Bond’s, including the part about women. Only problem was, life’s not a movie.
4) Negativity and the Media–Think on These Things: A guest post by Nathaniel Bennett, this article highlights a study from the U.K. that shows people are attracted to negative content on the internet. The article ties the research to Philippians 4:8. Negativity and the Media–Think on These Things is one of my personal favorites.
5) Financial Feast and Famine: This is a post about money, and how the corporate system is set up to take yours. It’s also about how to manage your finances to maximize your sense of peace and well being.
6) The Holy Spirit: How to Know if You Have Him: God wants you to to have His Holy Spirit. Do you realize that? He wants you to create with His Holy Spirit. He wants you to be inspired by Him. I wrote a guest post about that, about the importance of the inspiration of God’s Holy Spirit, for Not Ashamed of the Gospel.
The guest post prompted someone to ask, “OK, but how do I know? How do I know if I have His Holy Spirit?”
This post answers that question.
7) Your Supreme Weapon is Killing, My Supreme Weapon is Dying: This is one of my all time favorite stories. Joseph Tson, a Romanian pastor, is threatened with death by a Romanian interrogator for teaching people about Christ. How the story unfolds for pastor Tson is most surprising.
8) Marriage and, Mom and Dad: Marriage–that blessed arrangement. Lately the blessing of marriage has been compromised by a propensity for couples in their twenties and thirties to remain dependent on mom and dad. And mom and dad often create conflict and controversy by over-involving themselves in the lives of their young married children. For more than two years Marriage and, Mom and Dad has been one of the most popular posts on bennett’s blog.
9) Surrender Yourself to God: One man’s experience while in an attitude of rebellion vs. while in an attitude of surrender. A guest post by one of my favorite authors.
10) Life is Short: Can you imagine living in a hotel room for a few days and investing in a remodel? Doesn’t make much sense, does it. Yet so many of us invest in this brief life on earth to the neglect of the life to come in eternity. Life is Short answers the question: Where should I invest my money, my energy, and my time?
I want to thank you for your interest in drawing closer to Christ. I also want to thank everyone who helps to make this blog possible. And of course, most of all I want to thank Jesus Christ, the One apart from whom we can accomplish nothing.
Thank you for reading in 2012 and God’s richest blessings on you in 2013.