God Running is a place for anyone who wants to (or even anyone who wants to want to) love Jesus more deeply, follow Jesus more closely, and love people the way Jesus wants us to.
I have a complaint about Christmas and here it is:
It’s too busy.
Or — at least — it used to be too busy. Pre-COVID, Christmas was so busy Jesus was buried in a sea of activity. There was a lot of shopping involved. And there were parties to go to and food to prepare. So many places to go and people to see. Errands to run.
So many people to greet and talk to when they arrived at the house on Christmas day. And so many people to talk to and say goodbye to when it was time for them to leave. So many people coming and going. In one sense it was glorious because God has given us so many who love us and want to spend time with us.
But in another sense, it was overwhelming because Jesus, the reason, the person, the one who is the center of Christmas, was pushed out to the periphery.
But this year’s not like that.
This year Christmas is much quieter.
And in that quietness there’s opportunity.
Opportunity to make Jesus the center of Christmas.
So this year, at my small modest Christmas gathering, outside on Gabe’s patio adorned with an array of heating devices, we’re going to pray to him. Read scriptures about him. Maybe even sing to him.
We’re going to celebrate him.
We’re going to celebrate Jesus this Christmas.
I hope you will too.
Newly released book by Kurt Bennett, now available on Amazon!
Love Like Jesus: How Jesus Loved People (and how you can love like Jesus)
Love Like Jesus begins with the story of how after a life of regular church attendance and Bible study, Bennett was challenged by a pastor to study Jesus. That led to an obsessive seven year deep dive. After pouring over Jesus’ every interaction with another human being, he realized he was doing a much better job of studying Jesus’ words than he was following Jesus’ words and example. The honest and fearless revelations of Bennett’s own moral failures affirm he wrote this book for himself as much as for others.
Love Like Jesus examines a variety of stories, examples, and research, including:
- Specific examples of how Jesus communicated God’s love to others.
- How Jesus demonstrated all five of Gary Chapman’s love languages (and how you can too).
- The story of how Billy Graham extended Christ’s extraordinary love and grace toward a man who misrepresented Jesus to millions.
- How to respond to critics the way Jesus did.
- How to love unlovable people the way Jesus did.
- How to survive a life of loving like Jesus (or how not to become a Christian doormat).
- How Jesus didn’t love everyone the same (and why you shouldn’t either).
- How Jesus guarded his heart by taking care of himself–he even napped–and why you should do the same.
- How Jesus loved his betrayer Judas, even to the very end.
With genuine unfiltered honesty, Love Like Jesus, shows you how to live a life according to God’s definition of success: A life of loving God well, and loving the people around you well too.
A life of loving like Jesus.