God Running is a place for anyone who wants to (or even anyone who wants to want to) love Jesus more deeply, follow Jesus more closely, and love people the way Jesus wants us to.
Here’s something to try. It’s a natural human tendency to present ourselves as strong. We want others to see our best selves. We want people to believe we have our act together. But something happens when we lead from weakness. Something happens when we’re transparent about our hurts and failings. It’s when we’re open about our struggles that others connect and relate with us.
So try this. Instead of always endeavoring to lead from strength, try leading from weakness: and watch what happens.
Humility is one of the most beautiful virtues there is in a Jesus follower.
May you and I become people in whom the Divine love may rest well pleased.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.–Jesus Christ, Matthew 11:29 (NASB)
Final line before Jesus’ quote inspired by C.S. Lewis’s book, The Problem of Pain, Harper One, May 28, 2009
Available on Amazon!
Love Like Jesus: How Jesus Loved People (and how you can love like Jesus)
Love Like Jesus begins with the story of how after a life of regular church attendance and Bible study, Bennett was challenged by a pastor to study Jesus. That led to an obsessive seven year deep dive. After pouring over Jesus’ every interaction with another human being, he realized he was doing a much better job of studying Jesus’ words than he was following Jesus’ words and example. The honest and fearless revelations of Bennett’s own moral failures affirm he wrote this book for himself as much as for others.
Love Like Jesus examines a variety of stories, examples, and research, including:
- Specific examples of how Jesus communicated God’s love to others.
- How Jesus demonstrated all five of Gary Chapman’s love languages (and how you can too).
- The story of how Billy Graham extended Christ’s extraordinary love and grace toward a man who misrepresented Jesus to millions.
- How to respond to critics the way Jesus did.
- How to love unlovable people the way Jesus did.
- How to survive a life of loving like Jesus (or how not to become a Christian doormat).
- How Jesus didn’t love everyone the same (and why you shouldn’t either).
- How Jesus guarded his heart by taking care of himself–he even napped–and why you should do the same.
- How Jesus loved his betrayer Judas, even to the very end.
With genuine unfiltered honesty, Love Like Jesus, shows you how to live a life according to God’s definition of success: A life of loving God well, and loving the people around you well too.
A life of loving like Jesus.