God Running is a place for anyone who wants to (or even anyone who wants to want to) love Jesus more deeply, follow Jesus more closely, and love people the way Jesus wants us to.
I was praying the other morning and I asked God this question: Am I the most blessed man on the planet? I asked because God has dealt bountifully with me. First there’s God, who has inserted Himself into my life. Why he is mindful of me I don’t know. I’m a sinner for sure yet He is merciful to me and His steadfast love for me seems to endure forever. He gave His Son up for me and my sinfulness. He gave me Jesus.
And He surrounded me with Jesus followers who love me. My wife. My son Gabe, his wife Charise, my son Nate, and his wife Anastasia (they’re the ones in the photo at that top of this post). My grandson Andrew. And most of the rest of my family are Jesus followers too. Most of my fire department family are Jesus followers. Most of my friends over the last thirty-five years are Jesus followers. More recently nearly all my new-ish friends here in Portland follow Christ. And the love of Christ flows from all these people to me: in abundant measure.
And then there’s all of you. I’ve made so many friends as a result of this blog. One of the biggest blessings in my life has been connecting with people who want to love Jesus more deeply and follow him more closely as a result of this blog and the Love Like Jesus book.
God’s goodness toward me blows my mind.
I give thanks to Him for all these many many blessings.
I give thanks to Him for you.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart triumphs, And with my song I shall thank Him.Psalm 28:7
Newly released book by Kurt Bennett, now available on Amazon!
Love Like Jesus: How Jesus Loved People (and how you can love like Jesus)
Love Like Jesus begins with the story of how after a life of regular church attendance and Bible study, Bennett was challenged by a pastor to study Jesus. That led to an obsessive seven year deep dive. After pouring over Jesus’ every interaction with another human being, he realized he was doing a much better job of studying Jesus’ words than he was following Jesus’ words and example. The honest and fearless revelations of Bennett’s own moral failures affirm he wrote this book for himself as much as for others.
Love Like Jesus examines a variety of stories, examples, and research, including:
- Specific examples of how Jesus communicated God’s love to others.
- How Jesus demonstrated all five of Gary Chapman’s love languages (and how you can too).
- The story of how Billy Graham extended Christ’s extraordinary love and grace toward a man who misrepresented Jesus to millions.
- How to respond to critics the way Jesus did.
- How to love unlovable people the way Jesus did.
- How to survive a life of loving like Jesus (or how not to become a Christian doormat).
- How Jesus didn’t love everyone the same (and why you shouldn’t either).
- How Jesus guarded his heart by taking care of himself–he even napped–and why you should do the same.
- How Jesus loved his betrayer Judas, even to the very end.
With genuine unfiltered honesty, Love Like Jesus, shows you how to live a life according to God’s definition of success: A life of loving God well, and loving the people around you well too.
A life of loving like Jesus.