God Running is a place for anyone who wants to (or even anyone who wants to want to) love Jesus more deeply, follow Jesus more closely, and love people the way Jesus wants us to.
The last post I wrote was on Good Friday and in it I made this statement:
And now it’s time for me to become a way more forgiving person.
If you’re interested you can read more from that last post here: Oh How He Loves Us, And Oh How He Forgives Us.
So I’ve been asking our Father to help me with this new found desire to become a way more forgiving human being. And He seems to be answering those prayers.
And something interesting has happened since I started moving in this direction of becoming a way more forgiving person. And that something is gratitude.
Since I became intentional in prayer and behavior concerning forgiveness, I have felt so much gratitude toward God. A few times this last week while I was walking Muggles our dog, I just couldn’t stop thanking God for things during the whole entire walk.
He is that good.
He is that good to me.
And I just wanted to say that publicly.
Thank you God.
You are Good.
In Jesus’ name.
Love Like Jesus: How Jesus Loved People (and how you can love like Jesus) available on Amazon!
Love Like Jesus begins with the story of how after a life of regular church attendance and Bible study, Bennett was challenged by a pastor to study Jesus. That led to an obsessive seven year deep dive. After pouring over Jesus’ every interaction with another human being, he realized he was doing a much better job of studying Jesus’ words than he was following Jesus’ words and example. The honest and fearless revelations of Bennett’s own moral failures affirm he wrote this book for himself as much as for others.
Love Like Jesus examines a variety of stories, examples, and research, including:
- Specific examples of how Jesus communicated God’s love to others.
- How Jesus demonstrated all five of Gary Chapman’s love languages (and how you can too).
- The story of how Billy Graham extended Christ’s extraordinary love and grace toward a man who misrepresented Jesus to millions.
- How to respond to critics the way Jesus did.
- How to love unlovable people the way Jesus did.
- How to survive a life of loving like Jesus (or how not to become a Christian doormat).
- How Jesus didn’t love everyone the same (and why you shouldn’t either).
- How Jesus guarded his heart by taking care of himself–he even napped–and why you should do the same.
- How Jesus loved his betrayer Judas, even to the very end.
With genuine unfiltered honesty, Love Like Jesus, shows you how to live a life according to God’s definition of success: A life of loving God well, and loving the people around you well too.
A life of loving like Jesus.